Thursday, September 9, 2010

Late Blog

Per my "schedule" this blog should have been done Tuesday morning...thank goodness that schedules can be flexible!  I was in Billings on Tuesday, AGAIN!  It was a short impromptu visit to help the office.  While I don't like being away from my family, my friends, my home, sometimes time away is just what I need.  I listened to a book on tape, I listened to my iPod and sang my heart out, I sat quietly with my thoughts, I watched whatever I wanted on TV, I read a REALLY good book, I rested.  Now, I am HOME!  Ready to jump in feet first back to my real world.  Sometimes I feel so tiny in my world.  I wonder what I really do all day that makes a difference.  I don't make tons of money.  I don't have a job that makes a major difference or a social impact.  I'm not an artist or a singer or a photographer.  I'm just me.  But then I remember...I'm a WIFE, a DAUGHTER, a FRIEND.  Those are 3 pretty important, challenging and rewarding hats that I wear every day.  Those 3 hats make a difference to someone.  So tonight I will cook a wonderful dinner for my amazing husband and maybe even bake a dessert too.  Tomorrow I will run errands that are important to my family and my sanity...I'm going to sneak in a massage too!  Saturday we have plans for Northwest Honey Fest II in the Bitterroot with great friends.  Sunday I will pick up my parents...two people that I love beyond measure in this world.  I am HOME!

1 comment:

  1. What book did you read??? I need a good one. :) Glad you are home...see you next week!

    ReplyDelete