Sunday, September 19, 2010

Today's the Day

I didn't want to write this blog.  I feel frustrated and embarrassed and just plain gross.  For over a year know I have been steadily gaining weight.  At first it was just a minor annoyance.  Then it turned into clothes not fitting the way they used to.  Now clothes just don't fit at all.  I feel bad about myself; uncomfortable in my own skin.  I have to do something.  So, begrudgingly, yet optimistically, I signed up for Weight Watchers Online tonight.  Thanks to the fabulous Jennifer Hudson you get the fourth month for free as well as a reduced initiation fee, so there are perks.  I don't actually know my starting weight because we don't have a scale in our house.  I think it's embarrassingly around 150lbs.  My first "mini-goal" is to get down to 142.5.  The fact that we don't own a scale will force me to go to the gym at least one day a week to weigh myself.  I plan to go more often than that, but that one day is at least a guarantee!  I like Weight Watchers because you don't have to restrict foods.  You simply have to decide what foods are important to you that day.  If you want chocolate cake, eat chocolate cake.  If you want carrots (though I rarely do), eat carrots.  If you want wine, drink wine.  They also understand that some events in life call for a splurge and that's okay too.  I also like the fact that they have a "Recipe Builder".  I simply type in the ingredients for my favorite recipes, how many servings that recipe yields, and viola! it tells me how many much of each serving I can eat based on that day.  Dinner is probably the most important meal of our day so it allows me to plan my day around what we're eating that night.So here I go.  For all the world to know (or at least my 2 loyal readers).  Tomorrow I will know exactly where I'm starting and will just focus on the first little goal. ...

1 comment:

  1. You can do it!!! GO KYRA!! Loosing weight is so hard but you are so focused so if anyone can do it...it's you! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete