Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Blogger's Block

I've been thinking about my Tuesday blog and I don't know what to write about.  This has been a pretty low key week...no major events (other than Greg's new job and I already blogged about that), no pictures taken, no big stories to tell.  I went through the stored up ideas in the BlackBerry and just am not feeling any of them.  Perhaps I'm feeling a little blah this Tuesday.  Perhaps I've been feeling a little bit blah for the last couple of weeks.  Maybe it's the change in weather, maybe it's going from traveling constantly to sitting perfectly still, maybe it's just a mood...who ever knows why we feel blah.  Perhaps it's time for another list of things to do to pull me out of my "blah" and get me off to the right foot in September...
Let's see here...
  1. Join a book club (this one is kind of cheating because I've actually already joined a book club but it doesn't start until September 16th)
  2. Get a massage (again with the cheating!  Greg bought me a gift certificate to the Spa at our gym and I'm scheduling it for next Friday)
  3. Learn to knit (finally, no cheating!  I've always wanted to learn to knit so I could have cute hats and mittens on demand...and just in time for fall/winter)
  4. Make a gift for someone (sometimes doing something nice for someone else just takes your mind off of the "blah")
  5. Organize the office (our office is the "catch-all" room in our house...we only have 2 rooms so that's not so great!  Time to get it into shape)
  6. Go to a wine tasting (Warden's has a GREAT wine tasting every Thursday night and I've only been ONCE...that was like 8 months ago...think it's time to get out of the house a bit)
  7. Volunteer (I've been meaning to do this...I just don't quite know where my volunteering will fit in...guess it's time to find out and take action!)
  8. Go on a hike each weekend in September (with me traveling almost every other week this Summer there was no time for hiking.  It's something Greg and I really enjoy doing.  I think Fall is the perfect time for hikes...not too hot, not too cold!)
  9. Get caught up on Scrapbooking (I don't know if I can get totally caught up in the month of September as I have about 2 books to finish, but I can make a good effort)
  10. Download some new music (this is cheating a little bit too...I have a list of songs stored up in the BlackBerry that I've been meaning to download...just need to get it done!)
So there you have it...Tuesday's blog, a plan to get me out of my "blah" and a good start to September!





2 comments:

  1. Maybe you are feeling blah because you didn't get to have planned coffee with ME!!! Haha. Hey...did you see my post a little bit ago where I linked to my new favorite blog? It's called Enjoying the small things. I think you would really like reading it! She has two children, one with Down's...but she has an amazing perspective on life and amazing style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kyra, I really really LOVE that you are back to blogging. I am a religious blog reader. Thanks for all the wonderful comments on my blog. I adore comments. :) Oh, and have fun at your massage. Beau bought me one that I have to use up. MY FIRST ONE EVER! I am excited! Anyway, Keep up the blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete