Monday, August 16, 2010

4 Years and Counting

As most of my upcoming blogs will be, this entry is quite obviously LATE!!!  Greg and I enjoyed our 4th anniversary on July 23rd!  For our 1st, 2nd and 3rd anniversary we spent quiet dinner dates together, exchanging gifts and just enjoying each others time and company.  This year was slightly more adventurous.  My family arrived on July 22nd.  My brother Jon, sister in law Tory and their children Jaxon and Samantha drove in from Portland.  While my sister Jacki, her boyfriend Chuck and my grandma Marge drove from South Dakota.  Greg and I still could have enjoyed a quiet dinner with just the two of us for our anniversary.  No one in our family would have made a fuss.  However, I only get to see my family about once a year.  I WANTED to spend time with them.  So at 7:45am the day of our anniversary Greg and I arrived at my parent's house to pick up Jacki and Chuck for White Water Rafting.  We had reservations with 10,000 Waves, while my dad, Jon and Tory would float behind us on my dad's pontoon.  I have only had one other rafting experience.  I was about 18.  It was MISERABLE.  I STRONGLY disliked it.  Needless to say I had my doubts about this rafting trip.  BUT my dad had already paid, reservations were made, people were counting on me...I had to go through with it.  I LOVED it!!!  Greg and I sat in the front of the raft (where most of the "action" is according to our guide).  It was so much FUN!!!  I was really nervous for the first rapid, but after that it was a blast!  I also learned something new about myself.  Apparently my reaction to somewhat dangerous, unknown situations is to LAUGH...hysterically!!!  The best part is that there is a photographer who takes professional pictures of rafts going through the Level 4 rapid, Tumbleweed and he caught it all on film.  What would be my first blog back with out pictures.  The photographer's name is Mike Malament with Montana River Photography.  Jacki and I just decided to buy a CD with all of our raft's pictures because we LOVE scrap booking.  Below are just my FAVORITES of the day.  If you want to see all 34 frames of Tumbleweed visit this site: http://www.photoreflect.com/store/Orderpage.aspx?pi=1MQD004R000000&po=0&pc=34
ENJOY!!!


Nice leisurely stroll down the river...


A little LESS leisurely now...




OMG!!!...


I'm okay...I'm okay...


FAVORITE picture!!!  Greg and I looking at each other saying...OMG!!!  That was AWESOME!!!


Our AMAZING float guide, Tyler...


Family Photo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment