Friday, April 23, 2010

Insomnia

It's 2:14am and I am WIDE AWAKE...heartburn is the culprit!  I think it must be the crab cakes from Jaker's.  I had them for the first time tonight and man were they good.  However, I am STRONGLY re-thinking my decision right now!  I've been meaning to write an "update" on pulling myself out of my rut...At the end of last month I gave myself a list of 10 little things I could do to kind of spice things up and get myself motivated a little more.  So far it's been really fun!  Not only has it actually helped to pull me out of my rut, but it's given me lots of little mini goals to accomplish, and I like goals!  I have always been a list person and it gives me great joy to check things off the list.  I'll admit there have been three days this month where I haven't worn make-up...I had the flu and didn't think the toilet bowl cared if I had mascara and lip gloss on or not!  And, my mom and I did sign up for a Crayon Quilting Class with the Life Long Learning Center.  In fact, our first class was supposed to be tonight, but it was canceled due to "lack of interest", which was a bummer!  I did get a new plant for my workspace, but I haven't actually "planted" it yet or taken pictures, but it's coming, I SWEAR!  For the two of you that follow my blog, surely you have noticed a difference in the appearance.  Maybe not a BIG one, but a difference.  I'm learning A LOT from "Publishing a Blog With Blogger", but may still need the Design Girl to do the finished project when it's all said and done!  And I'm still working on all the rest!  I have a lot of projects being worked on, but not quite complete!  But what I've learned with this little experiment is it's not the marking things off the list or giving myself goals to accomplish.  It's really all about the EFFORT!  I put so much effort into my marriage, my work, my friendships, etc, etc, etc.  However, I rarely put a lot of effort into plain old ME!  It's not a selfish thing.  I think it's a GREAT lesson to learn, especially as women.  Sometimes you just need to be reminded that YOU need a little effort too!  Stay tuned for the rest of the updates...

1 comment:

  1. Speaking of lists...remember when we would makes lists of what we should do and eliminate one by one. Wow we were cool. Coffee soon???

    ReplyDelete