Sunday, April 4, 2010

Practice

So...one of the things I was going to do in an effort to pull myself up by my boot straps and out of my rut was to re-design my blog.  So far that is going SLOWLY but surely!  I even bought a book titled, "Publishing a Blog With Blogger" to use as a tutorial to walk me through the blogging world.  I'm not quite sure the book is going to get me where I'm looking to go with my blog, but I'm only about a third of the way through the book and feel like I should at least try to finish what I've started!  This blog is being used primarily as practice.  The chapter I'm on right now is "Adding Multimedia to Your Blog."  This is probably not a chapter I will use often.  Some of the chapter focuses on adding pictures to your blog which I already know how to do...however, the book did offer some simple shortcuts to make that process easier and more efficient.  The remainder of the chapter talks about viewing images on Picasa.  If you go to http://picasaweb.google.com you can see all of the pictures you have uploaded into your blog.  I only used this function to check it out, and sure enough!  All of my pictures are right there!  This chapter also deals with uploading YouTube or other videos and sound bites into your blog.  I am not a huge YouTuber and dealing with sound bites is not something I anticipate ever using.  HOWEVER...in the spirit of learning something, I thought I would at least upload two YouTube videos as practice.  The two videos I am uploading are videos that were suggested to me in the past and I enjoyed them.  They should not be offensive to any one and I certainly apologize if they are! (Actually Booba, if you read this, one of them might be offensive to an OSU fan!)  This will probably be the only time you ever see YouTube or any other type of video on my blog...but I had fun learning!


No comments:

Post a Comment